'Aggressive' Rohit Sharma's 40s & 50s aren’t enough? Dinesh Karthik demands big scores from India captain

Crystal

3 YEARS
3 YEARS OF SERVICE
LEVEL 1 100 XP
Dinesh Karthik and Rohit Sharma

Former Indian wicketkeeper-batter Dinesh Karthik shared his thoughts on Rohit Sharma's aggressive batting approach following his retirement from T20I cricket. Dinesh Karthik said that Rohit should continue with his style but added that he needs to maintain the hunger to get those big centuries.

Rohit Sharma built his reputation as an ODI star with his capability to secure big centuries. He used to start his innings cautiously and explode in the end-overs. The right-handed batter has scored three double-centuries, a remarkable feat in ODI cricket. Rohit is now showing a high-intent approach.

Don't Think He Should Cut Down His Aggressive Approach - Dinesh Karthik​

On Cricbuzz's "Hey CB with DK," Dinesh Karthik was asked about Rohit Sharma missing centuries with his aggressive batting approach. Karthik said that Rohit is still capable of scoring double centuries despite maintaining his aggressive style.

The wicketkeeper batter admitted that Rohit Sharma has the potential to dominate any bowling attack. Karthik said that he will enjoy watching Rohit batting. He wished for Rohit to achieve more big scores as an opener for India.

"I tend to agree. I don't think he should cut down his aggressive approach. But he is a man who is capable of getting 100s, big ones, and definitely double 100s also. There is no doubt about that. Again, I will say, I don't think he should cut his aggressive approach," Karthik said.

"But the hunger to get those big runs needs to be there from that man. He is capable of it. And if he gets going, wow! He can dominate any attack. I enjoy watching him bat, whether in my house or from the com-box. He is a special player. I really wish he gets a big couple of 100s opening the innings for India," he added.

Rohit Sharma Is The Only Player To Score Three ODI Double Centuries​

Rohit Sharma is the only player in ODI history to score three double-centuries. He has scored 10,866 runs in 265 ODI matches at an average of 49.16, including 31 centuries and 57 half-centuries. The 37-year-old took some time to establish himself in the format. He scored 1,978 runs in his first 86 ODIs.

Rohit led the India team to the final in the 2023 ODI World Cup, where the Men in Blue suffered a heartbreaking defeat at the Narendra Modi Stadium in Ahmedabad. He wasn't part of India's ODI World Cup 2011 winning campaign under legendary MS Dhoni.

I Am Tired Shopping For My Kids - Dinesh Karthik​

Dinesh Karthik also spoke about his perfect off day during the same conversation. Karthik humorously stated that his wife gives him a shopping list for their kids, which has turned into a tiring task for him.

"Swimming pool, relax, Netflix, easy things. Not too much movement. Just relax. But these days, my wife sends me a list. And mostly things to buy for kids. All I am doing is shopping for my babies. More than the match, I am tired shopping for my kids. I guess all dads do this," Karthik said.

Also read: Pat Cummins hints at missing Sri Lanka Test series for birth of his second child

Members

Threads

Back