Knowing by Ear Listening to Voice Recordings with African Prisoners of War in German Camps (1915-1918)

DownGX

10 MONTHS
10 MONTHS OF SERVICE
LEVEL 2 10 XP
2eead858910ac05f15caf74dbc405c9f.jpeg

Free Download Anette Hoffmann, "Knowing by Ear: Listening to Voice Recordings with African Prisoners of War in German Camps (1915-1918) "
English | ISBN: 147803002X | 2024 | 224 pages | PDF | 16 MB
During World War I, thousands of young African men conscripted to fight for France and Britain were captured and held as prisoners of war in Germany, where their stories and songs were recorded and archived by German linguists. In Knowing by Ear, Anette Hoffmann demonstrates that listening to these acoustic recordings as historical sources, rather than linguistic samples, opens up possibilities for new historical perspectives and the formation of alternate archival practices and knowledge production. She foregrounds the archival presence of individual speakers and positions their recorded voices as responses to their experiences of colonialism, war, and the journey from Africa to Europe. By engaging with the recordings alongside written sources, photographs, and artworks depicting the speakers, Hoffmann personalizes speakers from present-day Senegal, Somalia, Togo, and Congo.

Read more

Buy Premium From My Links To Get Resumable Support,Max Speed & Support Me

Rapidgator
de60u.rar.html
NitroFlare
de60u.rar
Uploadgig
de60u.rar
Fikper
de60u.rar.html

Links are Interchangeable - Single Extraction

DownGX's signature