Missed Translations Meeting the Immigrant Parents Who Raised Me by Sopan Deb

Rocky007

10 MONTHS
10 MONTHS OF SERVICE
LEVEL 8 220 XP

437821389_u1jo99kzzb0i.jpg

Missed Translations Meeting the Immigrant Parents Who Raised Me by Sopan Deb | 1.15 MB
English | N/A Pages

Title: Missed Translations
Author: Sopan Deb
Year: N/A​

Description:
A bittersweet and humorous memoir of family-of the silence and ignorance that separate us, and the blood and stories that connect us-from an award-winning New York Times writer and comedian.

Approaching his 30th birthday, Sopan Deb had found comfort in his day job as a writer for the New York Times and a practicing comedian. But his stage material highlighting his South Asian culture only served to mask the insecurities borne from his family history. Sure, Deb knew the facts: his parents, both Indian, separately immigrated to North America in the 1960s and 1970s. They were brought together in a volatile and ultimately doomed arranged marriage and raised a family in suburban New Jersey before his father returned to India alone.
But Deb had never learned who his parents were as individuals-their ages, how many siblings they had, what they were like as children, what their favorite movies were. Theirs was an ostensibly...

DOWNLOAD:

Members

Threads

Back