Sri Lanka Playing 11 vs West Indies - 3rd T20I, West Indies tour of Sri Lanka 2024

Crystal

3 YEARS
3 YEARS OF SERVICE
LEVEL 1 100 XP
SL vs WI, Sri Lanka, West Indies, Sri Lanka vs West Indies,

Sri Lanka is all set to clash with West Indies in the 3rd and final T20I encounter of the ongoing series. SL vs WI 3rd T20I will be played on Thursday, October 17 at Rangiri Dambulla International Stadium in Sri Lanka.

Charith Asalanka leads Sri Lanka in the series and will look for a similar show to the last game. The hosts will also face them in three ODI games after the next match.

They will play their same playing 11 who stunned West Indies in the last game. Below is the predicted playing 11 for the side.

Sri Lanka Playing 11 vs West Indies - 3rd T20I, West Indies tour of Sri Lanka 2024​

Pathum Nissanka​

Pathum Nissanka will open the innings for the side. He is the regular opener for the Sri Lanka team in all three formats. He slammed 54 in the last match to drive the team to victory.

Kusal Mendis (WK)​

Kusal Mendis will be another opener for the team and also don the role of wicketkeeper for the side. He will look for a quick start this time. He got out for 26 in the last match.

Kusal Perera​

Kusal Perera would be the one-down batter for the home side in the next game too. He got out for single digits in the opening game. He added a crucial 24 in the previous game.

Also Read: Virat Kohli's net worth surpassed for the 1st time by an Indian cricketer

Kamindu Mendis​

Kamindu Mendis scored a wonderful century in the opening game and showed good form. The team would not drop him. He got out for 19 in the last match.

Charith Asalanka (C)​

Charith Asalanka is the skipper of Sri Lanka in the series and will lead the side in the next game too. He will look for to end the series on a winning note under his leadership.

Bhanuka Rajapaksa​

Bhanuka Rajapaksa will be a hard-hitter in the middle order and will look for a better show in the last game. He remained unbeaten on 5 in the last match.

Also Read: Watch: Sanju Samson's insane shot for six against Bangladesh leaves everyone awestruck

Wanindu Hasaranga​

Wanindu Hasaranga will be a spin all-rounder for the side and lead the spin attack with his leg spin. He got 2 wickets in the 2nd T20I.

Maheesh Theekshana​

Maheesh Theekshana will be another addition to the playing 11. Since he is an off-spinner, the right-arm spinner gives more variation to the spin attack. He gave decent in the last game where he captured 2 scalps in his kitty.

Avishka Fernando​

Avishka Fernando might be chipped in the last game in the last game as Chamindu Wickramasinghe went wicketless at the start. The right-arm pacer has played 35 T20Is for the national team.

Also Read: Kamindu Mendis wins ICC Player of the Month for 2nd time in 2024, Tammy Beaumont also bags award

Matheesha Pathirana​

Matheesha Pathirana will lead the pace attack for the side. He got 1 wicket in the opening game and the last match. He will look to dominate WI batters.

Nuwan Thushara​

Nuwan will be retained in the next game as SL won the last match with him in the playing 11. He could not get any wickets in the last game.

Members

Threads

Back